The mandates from Governor Cooper and the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control make it necessary for us to make the following adjustments: We are now only able to offer private funeral services, private graveside services, drive-by visitations and/or private visitations to families until further notice. These modifications are effective immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust as necessary to limit the spread of this virus, helping the families we serve, along with our staff during this difficult time.
Monroe Mortuary Services understands the severity and the risk involved with the Coronavirus. As a public entity we want to inform you that we are taking all necessary precautions to ensure that we reduce your risk to exposure while in attendance at our facility.
To ensure that your risk is minimized while attending an event at our facility we have put the following Emergency Plan into place:
- Our staff will make environmental cleaning procedures top priority at our facilities. Every 4 hours all door handles, knobs, faucets, toilets, water fountains, as well as any surfaces that come into human contact will be diligently cleaned with an antibacterial agent.
- Hot beverage service to the public will be suspended during this time to limit exposure. Individual water bottles will be available by request (for as long as water bottle are available to us).
- Personal space zone (distance of 6 ft.) will be created between visitors and family members of the deceased to keep from spreading of the virus by personal contact.
- Our directing staff will present several options to your family in regard to keeping you safe and still allowing you to have some type of a service. These are unprecedented times, so we promise to be reasonable and flexible.
- Posters created by the Center for Disease Control with information on the virus and how to protect yourself from contracting it will be posted throughout our facility.
- Hand sanitizer and Kleenex will be available.
- Systems will be put into place to give the public an opportunity to come, honor, and pay their respects in a less crowded environment.
- Only with the permission of Next of kin of the deceased, systems will be put into place to make available Celebration of Life events electronically (on a delayed schedule) over the internet.
- Drive-by visitation made available for extended family and friends.
Honoring and remembering a life are what we are all about. Public health and safety are first and foremost in our minds during this time. We have devised this emergency plan for your protection, but we advise that if you have any concerns or apprehension about attending our facility, please stay safe at home. Face mask are required to enter Monroe Mortuary Services.